Nearly 200 people gathered for Celebrate Education last night the Oshkosh Convention Center – If you don’t know about this event, you should!
It’s as feel good as they come. It’s about people helping children grow and become who they will be. And, hopefully they will become adults who will use their highly advanced skills (developed at the many wonderful educational institutions right here in Oshkosh) – to advance and improve our communities.
The Foundation and its event partners – Oshkosh Area School District, Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce, Mid-Morning Kiwanis Club of Oshkosh, Wisconsin Public Service Foundation, UW Oshkosh College of Education and Human Services and CVS Pharmacy — believe strongly in supporting our communities’ educators and those who touch the lives of our young people.
Celebrate Education gives recognition to just a few of the countless people whose dedication and commitment to service and education deserve applause.
Celebrate Education grants help teachers add new programs by providing materials that school budgets can not cover. The grants are funded by the Mid-Morning Kiwanis Club of Oshkosh, the Zmolek Family Education Fund and the Oshkosh Area School District Education Foundation.
Here are the recipients and the programs for which they received grant support:
- Anne Sieck, Jefferson Elementary School
Intensive Autism Interventions in Early Childhood
- Bonnie Barber, Valley Christian Preschool
STEM Fun in 4K
- Meghan Neveau, Read Elementary School
Home to School Connection Backpacks
- Mandy Froehlich, Franklin Elementary School
Move Toward Personalized Learning Classrooms
- Melanie Floyd, Washington Elementary School
Building Social/Emotional Strength
- Zong Vang, Webster Stanley Elementary School
- Karen Coats, Lourdes Academy Seton
Building Lifetime Friendships
- Julie Runde, Carl Traeger Elementary School
One Book One CommuniTE Summer Book Club
- Nick Mees, Merrill Middle School
Cultivating Produce Through Hydroponics
- Michelle Haydin, Valley Christian Elementary School
- Laurin Endres, ALPS Charter School
- Kathy Horejs, Lourdes Academy Middle School
And The Newbery Medal Winner Is
- Dennis Cooley, Valley Christian School
- Ann Frazier, Valley Christian School
Smart-Pens for Smart Kids
- Larry Abel, Valley Christian School
Making Magnetism Amazing
- Ivy Jeskie, Second Chance
School Garden—The Next Step
- Gillian Pakula, Oshkosh West High School
- Kyra Sawyer, Oshkosh North High School
Increasing Tolerance Through Theater
- LeeAnn Morrill, Oshkosh North High School
PBIS Take Hold—Take 2
Awards were also given for leadership and teaching excellence. See the full list of recipients
Be prepared for a few more Celebrate Education posts in the near future as we continue to float on the good vibes from Monday’s event.